Friday, January 3, 2014

College Auditions!

Hey Everyone!  

I haven't posted in a while for one simple reason: I've been super busy with college stuff!




Being the diligent student I am, I rushed to get all of my applications in by November (which I did...for the most part ;)), so why am I still stressing?  Because, as my fellow seekers of Acting/MusicalTheater/Music majors will know, applications are just the beginning.  One of the most important parts of applying to college for us is the crazy, the intimidating, the nerve wracking, the daunting... the AUDITION.  



Anyone in this boat with me?  

If you are you might feel unprepared or worried or lacking, but NEVER FEAR!  We're going to get through this together!  

Yes, auditioning seems rough and tough and scary and nerve-racking, but really, it's a fun and exciting experience that will provide us with a chance to show off our mad skills and practice our auditioning techniques.  

So, through these next few months of going on audition after audition for college after college, RELAX, BREATH, AND LET YOUR TALENT TAKE OVER.  You are prepared!  Be confident in your own abilities and know that no matter what happens, you are enough, you are talented, and you have to keep pushing forward.  Stay positive.  Your dreams will come true one way or another and college auditions are just another of the many opportunities you will have to bring out your talents and OWN.  

For the next few months I'll be posting on topics like how to pick the right school, how to schedule an audition, how to chose a monologue, how to prepare for an audition, what to expect on an audition, my personal experiences on my auditions, and a bunch of other fun stuff to help you get through...no...to help you OWN this time so that come next year, you can read my blog posts from the comfort of your dorm room at (insert favorite college name here).  

Keep Calm and Act on.  

- <3 Anna Jean 

No comments:

Post a Comment