Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Monologue

Hi!  So, as you know, I have a YouTube channel with many many videos of me doing monologues on it.  Well, people are always messaging me to get the monologues I do (always feel free too: annamariejeanw@aol.com even if it's just that you need help finding a monologue to do).  So, I decided to type out all the monologues on my channel right now for you guys to try yourselves if you want!  I provided a link to my video below each one if you want to see how it's preformed!  Enjoy!



Imagine it's a coupe of years ago, the summer between seventh and eighth grade.  You're tan from lying out next to your rock-lines pool, you've got on your new Juicy sweats (remember when everybody wore those?), and your mind's on your crush, the boy who goes to that other prep school whose name we won't mention and who folds jeans at Abercrombie in the mall.  You're eating your Cocoa Krispies just how you like 'em-soused in skim milk- and you see the girl's face on the side of the milk carton.  MISSING.  She's cute-probably cuter than you- and you bet she'd think Abercrombie boy was a hottie as well.  You wonder how someone so... well... someone so much like you went missing.  You thought only girls who entered beauty pageants ended up on the sides of milk cartons.  Well, think again.

Bless me father for I have sinned... You see, lately I've been having impure thoughts about... Um... actually, I haven't been doing very well lately.  This is... the first time I've been in a church since my mom died.  I think about her everyday.  I just... I wonder what she would say to me right now if she could see me and how I've been living.  And I wonder if she knows that most days, I fall short of being the person that she wanted me to be.  Or... I wonder if she saw me do that line of coke last week.  And the thing is... I don't even know why I did it.  You know, my life is pretty good, it is.  Um... but... I was just searching for something to make it great.  Something to make it matter.  So... I don't know, I guess last week when I had the chance to change that and it was... it was right there in front of me, I guess I was just scared to let that go.  Um... but I know it was wrong.  And I want my mom to know that and um... I want her to know that I am not that person.  And I'm not going to be.

Funny , cause I look around at this world your so eager to be a part of.. and all I see is 6 billion lunatics looking for the fastest ride out. Who's not crazy? Look around. Everyone's drinking, smoking, shooting up, or shooting each other, or just plain screwing their brain outs cause they don't want them anymore. I'm crazy. Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.

Why should Caesar get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? What's so great about Caesar? Hm? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar. 'K, Brutus is just as smart as Caesar. People totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar. And when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody, huh? Because that's not what Rome is about. We should totally just stab Caesar!

No, you listen. You turned out to be exactly who I thought you were. I never pretended to be somebody else. It's been me all along. And it was me who was hurt in front of everybody. Look, I didn't come here to yell at you, okay? I know what it feels like to be afraid to show who you are. I was. But not anymore. And the thing is, I don't care what people think about me... because I believe in myself. And I know that things are gonna be okay. But even though I have no family, and no job, and no money for college... it's you that I feel sorry for.  I know that guy that sent those emails is somewhere inside of you, but, I can't wait for him... because waiting for you is like waiting for rain in this drought. Useless and disappointing.

 Do you remember sneaking over here the first time you told me about this place? I got home late that evening, and my parents were furious when I finally came in. I can still picture my daddy standing in the living room, my mother on the sofa, staring straight ahead. I swear, they looked as if a family member had died. That was the first time my parents knew I was serious about you, and my mother had a long talk with me later that night. She said to me,"Sometimes, our future is dictated by who we are, not what we want." And I know it was wrong of her to keep your letters from me, but just try to understand. Once we left, she probably thought it would be easier for me to just let go. In her mind, she was trying to protect my feelings, and she probably thought the best way to do that was to hide the letters you sent. Not that any of it matters, now that I have Lon. He's handsome, charming, successful. He's kind to me, he makes me laugh, and I know he loves me in his own special way...but there's always going to be something missing in our relationship -- the kind of love we had that summer.

That's it, though I'll add more soon!  Make sure you have fun with these monologues, that's what they're for! Make them your own!  If you ever need any help working on a monologue or finding one or starting a YouTube channel for them, feel free to contact me or comment!  Either way, good luck and have fun.  TTYL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment